Sunday, May 31, 2015

Way back inland

I arrived home Friday evening after about seven and a half hours of driving.  I enjoy visiting the seashore and the mountains and all such wonderful places, but I'm always happy to get back to my home here in good old Memphis, Tennessee.

I took it relatively easy on Thursday after a couple of fairly tiring sessions in the boat on Tuesday and Wednesday.  I did two sets of the May-June strength routine Thursday morning, and in the afternoon I went to the beach with the rest of the family and let the water of the Gulf work its therapeutic magic on me.

I was feeling the pep back in my step Friday morning, and I went out in the boat for sixty minutes, doing four backstrokes-followed-by-forward-strokes power-building drills and then some ultra-short race-pace training.  I usually feel pretty tired after 40 minutes or so of u.s.r.p.t., but this time I felt like I could go at least another half-hour.  I didn't do that, however.  Instead, I let my niece Rachel and my nephew Ben join me on the water one more time before I headed home.

Yesterday I did another two sets of the May-June strength routine.  I planned to get back in the boat this morning, but when a look at the Internet radar revealed a huge bunch of rain moving in, I decided to put it off until the afternoon.  I went down to the river around four o'clock this afternoon... and got rained on anyway.  Oh well-- "skin is waterproof," they used to tell me at summer camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment