Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Hopeful signs

These days I seem to be alternating between feeling that the shoulder problem is all gone and feeling just a hint of pain there.  I've been through both states today.  This morning I felt no pain at all; then, while paddling a full loop of the harbor with Joe, I had several moments where I felt that hint of pain.  Now, sitting here writing this post in the evening, I'm back to feeling no pain at all.

All told, I'm encouraged by what's going on, and there's no question the shoulder is doing better on average.  I'm reading these occasional hints of pain as caution signs, telling me not to push too hard too soon.  The plan for this week is to do another easy lap of the harbor on Thursday, and then on Saturday teach the first of six "Intro to Kayaking" classes for Outdoors, Inc., that I've got scheduled for this summer.  Maybe by next week I'll be ready to do some real workouts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment