Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Race training

With the big Outdoors, Inc., Canoe and Kayak Race less than three weeks away, it's time to get down to serious business.  Today Joe and I did eight pieces of two minutes on, two minutes off.  I aimed for a pace somewhat faster than my average pace is likely to be on June 20--something like what I might be paddling if I'm in a tight race in the last few hundred meters after the course enters the harbor.  I felt good for the first two or three, but by the fourth I was definitely feeling the pain.  I tried my best to maintain good form and control through the remainder of the workout.

Joe and I plan to do a workout together on Thursday, and on Tuesday and Thursday of next week.  The week after that we'll be tapering off and making sure we're ready for race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment