Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Mid South surfing

On Saturday I paddled for 60 minutes, and felt pretty good in the boat even though I was still feeling a bit beat-up from the construction work I'd done earlier.  I did three 8-stroke sprints, and those went reasonably well.  I wasn't nearly as sore from my new strength routine as I thought I'd be.

I was out of the boat the rest of the holiday weekend, spending Sunday at a family gathering up in Jackson, Tennessee, and doing two go-rounds of the September strength routine yesterday.

This morning I felt tired and unmotivated as I paddled away from the dock, but out on the river I found an upstream-bound barge rig spitting a huge wake from its stern, and I ferried out to see what the surf was like.  Turned out it was great.  It took me a few tries to figure out the stroke timing, but soon I was getting some sweet rides.  In the end I got in a nice set of sprints without the tedious feel of doing an interval workout, and that's just what I needed on this particular day.

No comments:

Post a Comment