Thursday, December 31, 2015

Beginning to take some photos

Yesterday I did another round of the January strength routine.  It's beginning to flow now as I've gotten used to the exercises, although that one-foot lift still feels a bit awkward to me.

I paddled with Joe in the harbor for 80 minutes this morning.  The Memphis gauge reading was about 30.1 feet--still not an outrageously high level.  But more water is on its way.  The National Weather Service has revised its crest-level prediction downward a bit--42 feet, rather than the 43.5 feet it was saying the other day--but that's still higher than all but three crests on record.

Mostly just for fun, I'm trying to snap a photo or two each time I go down to the riverfront over the next couple of weeks.  I took this one Tuesday, when the Memphis gauge reading was 27.3 feet.  I'm standing on Harbortown Marina looking over at the Montessori school on the bank.  That's my car parked over in the left side of the picture:



This morning I took this photo from the same vantage point.  The water level is almost three feet higher.  I reckon I'll have to park my car a bit farther up the hill next time I'm down there:



I took this shot today of my car from another angle.  You can see the water coming just past the guard rail in the right side of the picture:



So... check this blog every couple of days for the next couple of weeks, and we'll experience this high-water event together.

No comments:

Post a Comment