Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Gathering some of my favorite videos in one place

Nobody has ever accused me of being particularly savvy with computers and web design.  But I am pleased to announce that I have acquired a new skill in the last few days: I now know how to embed stuff in my blog posts!  My last post has a Google map embedded in it, and I've figured out how to embed You Tube videos as well.

As time goes on, I'd like to share all kinds of videos, particularly of exercises I incorporate into my strength routines: I always feel bad when I talk about exercises here without some way to show my readers what these exercises look like.  I might even shoot some video of myself doing some exercises if I can ever get myself organized to do so.

For now, I share here several strength-exercise videos that I have referred to many times in the last several years:

Core strength is an asset for paddlers of all disciplines.  Here's Chinese slalom racer Jing Jing Li demonstrating some simple core exercises one can do with a stability ball:




I love exercises that require little or no equipment.  In this video, slalom kayak world and Olympic champion Daniele Molmenti of Italy shows us some "backpacker" exercises, so named because they're easy to do anyplace on the planet you might find yourself:




The guy in this video, Michele Ramazza, has excelled in "extreme" or "freeride" racing--downriver kayaking in pretty gnarly whitewater:

 


Happy viewing!  And like I said, I'll try to jazz up this blog with some video more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment