Thursday, January 7, 2016

It'll be cresting soon

The Mississippi River level this morning was 39.3 feet on the Memphis gauge--just 1.2 feet higher than Tuesday's level.  The rise is slowing down, and the level might not even hit 40 feet.  I don't think I'll be parking my car much higher up the hill than this:


The prevailing wind had shifted to the southeast, blowing more garbage to the water's edge on this side of the harbor.  Here's how it looked from the marina today:


I've been feeling quite sore in my lower back and hip area this week, and I have a feeling it's partly because I've ramped up my paddling volume a bit out of a desire to get out there and check out the high water.  So today I took it easier, paddling for just 60 minutes and staying in the harbor except for a brief jaunt out onto the river at the harbor's mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment