Friday, February 17, 2017

Feeling tired but good

On Tuesday the harbor was calm and the Fahrenheit temperature was in the mid 40s.  After warming up and doing three 8-stroke sprints, I did a couple of long (around ten-minute) hard pieces--I didn't have my G.P.S. device with me but my guess is that I was averaging around 7.5 miles per hour.  Then I did a third piece at the same intensity that was about six minutes in duration.  For all three pieces I just picked some landmark in the distance and declared that my finish point--kind of a loosely-structured workout, I guess.  My total time in the boat was 80 minutes.

When I got back in the boat yesterday I was tired, partly from Tuesday's hard work and partly from doing both my strength routine and some logging work on Wednesday.  So I just did 60 minutes of steady paddling at the fast end of my comfortable cruising pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment