Monday, March 27, 2017

Trying to stay the course amid distractions

Though I did manage to paddle on my normal schedule in the last week, my mind was occupied with out-of-the-boat concerns.  I don't want to bore you with all the details, but basically the activities I depend on for earning my living have really been piling it on lately.  The good news is I think I made some real progress toward settling that stuff down soon, but there's a lot of work yet to do in the next several weeks.  Oh, to be able to focus most of my attention on what really matters (paddling).

My paddling sessions for the week weren't anything special; in each one I warmed up and did several 8-stroke sprints and then paddled mostly steady.  Yesterday's paddle was probably the highest-quality one I did: I paddled for 90 minutes and threw in several long surges both on the flatwater of the harbor and on the more turbulent Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment