Sunday, August 20, 2017

Race schedule update

Here's a look at what's left of my 2017 race season.  The races listed are the ones that have been on my radar; I will most likely make it to two of them--the one in Louisiana on September 9 and the one in Mississippi on October 7.  I think I'm at my best in races that are less than an hour, and these two meet that criterion.

September
2  Big River Regional.  Mississippi River, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  A 12-mile race down the Mississippi.  Register

3  Rock Island Paddle Rampage.  Center Hill Reservoir near Walling, Tennessee.  A 14-mile flatwater race.  Register

9  Lower Atchafalaya River Sprint Race.  Atchafalaya River, Patterson, Louisiana.  An 6-mile race on this major distributary of the Mississippi River.  Register

16  Chucktown Showdown.  Charleston Harbor, Charleston, South Carolina.  A 9-mile offshore race.  Register

23  Ouachita River Rat Race.  Ouachita River, West Monroe, Louisiana.  A 6.5-mile race on a Class I river.  Register


October
7  Gator Bait Race.  Barnett Reservoir outside Jackson, Mississippi.  A 5.5-mile flatwater race.  Register



No comments:

Post a Comment