Sunday, October 22, 2017

Back to school

I'm signed up for a clinic this Friday.  It's on the Tennessee River at Chattanooga, and it will be coached by former U.S. flatwater sprint team member Morgan House.

I can't say this is the most convenient time for me to drive someplace five and a half hours away, but I'm doing it because it's been a long time since I've had a pair of expert eyes take a good look at what I'm doing in the boat.  And this early stage of the offseason is an ideal time for attending a clinic.  The day of the clinic is not when you actually improve what you're doing; the improvement comes in the weeks and months after the clinic, as you incorporate the things you learned into your skill set.  So with any luck at all, by the time I line up for a race next spring I'll have spent a solid few months refining my mechanics and technique.

Anyway, when the clinic's over I'll tell you how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment