Friday, May 31, 2019

Almost time to RACE at Memphis!

On Tuesday morning I put my boat in the water behind our rented house overlooking Mississippi Sound, and paddled for 40 minutes.  In the middle of it I did eight 12-stroke sprints at two-minute intervals.  The sprints felt pretty nice and fluid.

I spent the rest of Tuesday driving back to Memphis, and now I'm making final preparations for tomorrow's Outdoors, Inc., Canoe and Kayak Race.

Yesterday I paddled in the harbor for 40 minutes, doing six 12-stroke sprints.  The achiness in my upper arms has been somewhat better lately, but not entirely gone.

Today I had some company on the water: Mike and Savanna Herbert arrived from their home in Rogers, Arkansas, in the early afternoon, and the three of us paddled together and checked out the course.  The river is high, as it has been all winter and spring, but not outrageously so.  The level at race time tomorrow should be around 28.3 feet on the Memphis gauge.  It looks like the weather will be warm but beautiful.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment