Friday, May 3, 2019

Proceeding with pain

I'm starting to feel like a broken record, talking about how beat-up I've been feeling in the last several weeks.  I didn't do myself any favors by pushing that pig of a boat around the lower Atchafalaya River last Saturday.  My left lower back area has remained sore this week, and I have "tennis elbow" in my left arm that I think also resulted from that ordeal.   Meanwhile, I still have pain in my right biceps area from my overzealous strength work a while back.  I'm finally acknowledging that it's not routine soreness, but that I did in fact injure myself.

These ailments provide some discomfort in the boat, but they don't seem to impede my paddle stroke directly.  So I'm hoping I can nurse them along while following a more or less normal training plan.  My plan for tomorrow is to do a set of 450-meter bridge-to-bridge sprints, and that will be a big test of what my body can handle.

As for the last few days, I paddled with Joe in the harbor on Tuesday, and yesterday I did a slightly more intense paddle that included three 8-stroke sprints.  I did the leg and core exercises of the current strength routine Monday, Wednesday, and today.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment