Monday, May 13, 2019

Trying to paddle and heal simultaneously

My plan for the weekend was to do easy- to medium-intensity paddles to get the blood flowing in the relevant muscles and, as always, practice my strokes.

I didn't get out until the afternoon on Saturday.  I paddled mostly easy for 50 minutes.  Yesterday I went slightly harder, doing three 8-stroke sprints in the harbor before paddling up the Mississippi to the lower end of the Greenbelt Park and back.  The tennis elbow in my left arm seems to be getting better, but both biceps are still achy and sore, especially the right one.

I went back to the riverfront today wanting to do some good fast sprinting, but not the sort of sufferfest the bridge-to-bridge sprints have been for me lately.  After warming up and doing three 8-stroke sprints, I started a 30-minute workout in which I threw in a 12-stroke sprint every two minutes and otherwise tried to keep the speed at 6.5 miles per hour on my G.P.S. device.

This afternoon I fly to Virginia to see my sweet little nephew become a college graduate.  His school spreads its commencement exercises over three days, so I won't be home until Friday.  I hope my arms will avail themselves of a few days out of the boat to start feeling better.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment