Thursday, May 16, 2019

Downtime report

I'm staying with my mother and my sister's family in a rented house in a rural area outside Lexington, Virginia, where my nephew is graduating from college.  As I mentioned in my last post, these few days include no paddling for me.  So far they haven't included much else, either: I've felt sleepy and completely devoid of energy, my digestion is out of whack because of the deviation from my normal diet, and I have a hint of a sore throat as though I've got a cold coming on.  I am most definitely not feeling like the guy who's supposed to go out and kill it in the Outdoors race and the summertime competitions that follow.

I was hoping I'd reach the end of this little break feeling reinvigorated and ready to go get 'em.  But it seems that my body has taken this opportunity to crash much harder than I'd expected.  Now I'll have to put the pieces back together when I get home.

At the moment it's hard to tell if there's any improvement in the way my arms are feeling.  Some soreness is still present.  So far I've done a very light round of the strength routine, just to get some blood flowing in those areas.

For now, I'm trying to enjoy the family celebration and not worry about the physical challenges to come.  I'll be home tomorrow night and I'll see what I'm capable of doing this weekend.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment