Thursday, August 1, 2019

Time for another race

I've had a hard time busting out of my post-Columbia-Gorge funk.  After the week of hard training and racing out there, I ought to be feeling fit and ready to go get 'em.  Instead, I'm just feeling... old.  The aches and pains I listed in my previous post are a big part of the reason.

But I've pulled myself together enough to sign up for a race this weekend: the Ohio River Paddlefest up at Cincinnati.  I'm hoping that a good showing there will rekindle my enthusiasm.

On Tuesday I did an easy loop of the harbor with Joe.  Today I went down and paddled for 60 minutes, doing six 12-stroke sprints at two-minute intervals in the middle of it.  I do at least seem to have a decent top gear.

We'll see how it goes this weekend.  I hope some racing will be what the doctor ordered.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment