Saturday, August 31, 2019

Time to race again

The last several days have been hot, yet noticeably more pleasant, as we're getting a break from the soul-crushing humidity that has hung over the Mid South for much of the summer.  I'm hoping the break will last at least through tomorrow, when I participate in this race over in middle Tennessee.

I spent this week trying to work on some speed and power while also resting up for the race, to the extent that's possible.  On Tuesday I did the strength routine before heading downtown to paddle with Joe.  On Thursday I got back in the boat and did a set of ten 12-stroke sprints at two-minute intervals.  Having had a commitment prior to paddling that morning, I got my strength work in that afternoon.

This morning I paddled for 50 minutes, doing a quick loop out on the Mississippi before returning to the harbor to do a set of six 12-stroke sprints at two-minute intervals.

Tomorrow's race doesn't start until noon Central Time.  That's unusual, but it'll allow me to make the drive over there tomorrow morning.  A few good racers are signed up... we'll see how it goes.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment