Monday, September 27, 2021

"Away on business"

There hasn't been much posting here lately because I didn't do much paddling last week.  From Thursday through yesterday I was involved in an annual crafts fair where I demonstrate wooden bowl carving.

Last Tuesday I embarked on a loop of the harbor with Joe, only to have it cut short by a storm with much thunder and lightning.  Wednesday was a nicer day and I was back in the boat doing the closest thing to a real workout for the week: four sets of (3 minutes at 64 strokes per minute/1 min. at 80 spm/2 min. at spm/2 min. rest), followed by six times (1 min. on/1 min. off) at 84 spm.  This was a largely technical exercise done near anaerobic threshold.

By this morning my biceps and forearms were quite sore from all the bowl carving.  Monday is usually a day off for me, but Maks gave me an assignment to ease myself back into paddling: four sets of (5 min. at 60 spm/3 min. at 64 spm/2 min. at 68 spm), with a minute rest between pieces and two minutes between sets.  He told me to start slow and concentrate primarily on stroke mechanics and posture.  The session relaxed my body nicely.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment