Monday, December 6, 2021

Riding the bike and trying to get myself right

On Friday morning I didn't feel all-the-way recovered from my booster shot reaction, but I think I was on the way back.  I still had a lump in my left armpit, but it wasn't as sore as it had been earlier in the week, and seemed to have shrunk a bit.  I also was feeling slightly more energetic than in previous days.

I went ahead and dove into another intense "bike-plus" workout.  I was feeling it big-time by the last lap on the bike and the final set of pushups and Hindu squats, but I weathered it well enough.

But then on Saturday I woke up feeling like I'd taken a step backward: my energy was low and I had a hint of cold/flu symptoms.  The closest thing to athletic activity I did was ride my bike at a leisurely pace along the route of the marathon race that was going on here Saturday.

By yesterday I was feeling better again, and the lump was all but gone.  My goal on recent Sundays has been to ride my bike at least 20 miles, and yesterday morning I got on the bike and headed toward the river, eventually crossing it on the Harahan Bridge and doing a big loop in the bottomland on the Arkansas side.  By the time I arrived back at my house I had covered 40.2 kilometers (24.99 miles).

I'm continuing to weigh myself each morning, and I'm still stuck in the low 150s.  Yesterday I'd shot up to 152.5, but this morning I was a pound less than that.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment