Thursday, December 9, 2021

The winter program continues with soreness and pounds gained & lost

Tuesday morning I did a gym session, and then went downtown to paddle in the harbor with Joe.

I skipped a gym session late last week while I was feeling crummy in the aftermath of my COVID-19 booster shot.  Apparently that allowed my muscles to atrophy enough that my gym session on Tuesday made me really sore.  I was feeling it big-time in my abs and biceps by Tuesday evening and through the day yesterday.

Yesterday I rode my bike out east and back on the Greenline.  I covered 24 kilometers in about 66 minutes.

This morning it was time for another of those intense "bike-plus" workouts.  I think my body is better adapted to this workload than it was a couple of weeks ago, but it's still quite taxing.  In particular my quad muscles have felt like gelatin for the rest of the day.

My weight-gain effort continues.  I'm trying to load up on protein, especially right after a workout.  So far this week I've peaked at 153.5 pounds during my first-thing-in-the-morning weigh-ins, but since then I've registered a couple of pounds less.  Of course, I wouldn't bet my life on the accuracy of my battery-powered bathroom scale.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment