Monday, February 13, 2023

Monday photo feature


It was about this time of year that I made my first trip to South Africa in 2020.  I shot this photo of the penguins at Boulders Beach, down the False Bay coast from Fish Hoek.

Here in February it's hard not to daydream of that warm South African summer.  I'm weary of winter and pining away for the longer, warmer days of spring and summer.

Then again, this winter hasn't been all that bad, really.  Yes, we had an ice storm a couple of weeks ago, and we had that brutal cold spell back around the 24th of December.  But we've also had quite a few days when the Fahrenheit temperature rose into the 50s and even the 60s.  And the forecast for the first half of this week looks downright balmy, including a high of 74 tomorrow.  In fact, according to The Weather Channel's website, all daily highs except two for the next two weeks are above 55 degrees in Memphis, Tennessee.

Still, I'll be glad when the sub-60 days disappear entirely and we're having more and more days in the 70s and low 80s.  Eventually, of course, the temperature will be rising into the 90s and maybe the 100s here in the Mid South, and I guess I'll be complaining about that soon enough.  But for now those days are out of sight and out of mind.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment