Thursday, May 11, 2023

Some mid-week variety

I started Tuesday with an around-the-block run and a gym session, and then I headed down to the riverfront to paddle for 60 minutes.  It was a lovely morning to be out there: it was sunny and the temperature was between 80 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit, and there was just enough of a breeze blowing to keep me cool.  I did a series of power drills: very short efforts with high resistance (all three golf whiffle balls!) on the boat.  I did a rep every five minutes starting at 0:15 and ending at 0:45; for each rep I paddled as hard as I could for six or eight strokes, and then I brought the golf balls up above the waterline and paddled easy until the next rep.

Yesterday I did some relaxed bike riding in the afternoon.  This morning I returned to the river for some unstructured paddling.  There was a fairly strong south wind blowing, and with the help of an upstream-moving barge rig that had passed through a while before I got out to the river, it was generating some small but rideable downwind conditions.  I spent a half hour or so working the waves before I headed back to the dock, and that was fun.  I expect I'll do something a bit more substantial in the boat this weekend, so it was nice to have something not so serious to do today.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment