Friday, July 26, 2024

An ordinary guy does his thing here at home while the gifted are ready to go across the ocean

I did a gym session Tuesday morning.  I didn't get down to the river until the afternoon because of a morning obligation.  I paddled for 75 minutes and got showered with two periods of pretty good soft rain.  I thought it was beautiful out there.

We've continued to have cooler temperatures than normal, but the humidity has been at typical July levels this week.  I got good and sweaty during a 90-minute bike ride Wednesday, and yesterday I had sweat in my eyes while paddling the surfski out on the Mississippi yesterday.  I paddled the ski for 40 minutes at a fairly high intensity level, then came back to the dock and spent 20 minutes doing some drills in the whitewater boat.

Meanwhile, some paddlers of the world-class variety will be in their boats as the Olympic Games get underway in Paris.  The whitewater slalom competition will take place during the first week, and then the flatwater sprinters will take over for the second week.  I understand that the preliminary heats for women's kayak and men's canoe will take place tomorrow; the female kayakers will have their semis and finals on Sunday, and the male canoeists will have theirs on Monday.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment