Sunday, November 18, 2012

Getting back into a daily routine

I had two good 60-minutes paddling sessions on the river this weekend.  I rode my bike down there and back each day.  It was cool but sunny, and almost dead calm.  We've had a lot of windy days this month and it was nice to get a break from that.

I've also got what I think is a good strength routine worked out.  Every other day I'm doing the exercise ball drills in the Jingjing Li video--the static ones that she demonstrates in the first 2:27.  They're surprisingly taxing.  On the days I don't do that routine I do a simple set of exercises including pushups and behind-the-head lifts with a cinder block, just to get a little arm work in.

And so here I go, easing into training for a new race season after taking some time off.  It's still way early and it'll be a while before I get serious in the boat again, but the first step is to get into doing a little something every day.  Once I pile up a few weeks of these simple little workouts, I always start to feel some physical and psychological benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment