Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday photo feature

Regular readers of this blog know I've been taking some time off from any serious training for the last couple of months.  But I haven't exactly been lying around.  My vocation can be quite strenuous.  In this picture I'm using a drawknife, and the photo must have been taken right after I'd started, because even on a chilly day I work up a sweat pretty quickly and shed my sweatshirt.

From drawknife work to axe work to sawing to moving logs and lumber around, I get plenty of exercise as a woodworker.  But I've never really been able to incorporate it into what I consider my "formal" training because it's not something I can easily quantify.  One project might have me doing several days of heavy drawknifing, and then the next project won't involve any drawknife work at all.

And so, I do strength exercises like the ones I've been talking about in my last couple of posts.  My hope is that piling that on top of my non-sedentary day job will make me one strong dude indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment