Saturday, December 29, 2012

Race schedule 2013

I've been pondering my competition schedule for this coming year.  Right now I definitely plan to do these four races, barring injury or other unforeseen  circumstance:

March 2: Fourth annual Battle on the Bayou, Old Fort Bayou, Ocean Springs, Mississippi.  Starting in the Back Bay of Biloxi near the mouth of Old Fort Bayou, the course winds nine and a half miles up the bayou to the finish next to The Shed barbecue joint.

April 27: Ninth annual Bluz Cruz Marathon, Mississippi River, Vicksburg, Mississippi.  The race starts at Madison Parish Port and finishes 22 miles downriver on the Vicksburg Front.

June 1: Tenth annual Arkansas River Canoe and Kayak Race, Arkansas River, North Little Rock, Arkansas.  The five-and-a-half-mile course starts at Murray Park and heads downriver to the Interstate 30 bridge.

June 15: 32nd Outdoors, Inc., Canoe and Kayak Race, Mississippi River, Memphis, Tennessee.  Known as "The fastest 5000-meter race in the world," this race draws both world-class racers and people who pull their canoes out of the backyard once a year to participate.


I'd love to work in several more if I can.  Generally, I'm looking for events that are either within a reasonable driving distance of Memphis or something that coincides with a vacation trip to a more distant area.  And I am not interested in ultra-long races (more than two hours or so).

Anyway, I'll post any updates here as they develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment