Sunday, January 6, 2013

Adapting to some new stuff

This morning I did two sets of my new strength routine for the month of January.  All the exercises are harder than they look in the videos, especially the core exercises.  My lower abdominals have been very sore since I did the new exercises on Friday, so today's workout brought the pain.

After that I went down to the river and paddled for 70 minutes.  I had a mission: on Friday I saw a flock of migrating pelicans over near the Arkansas side above the Hernando DeSoto Bridge, but I was pressed for time and didn't get far enough up there for a good luck.  So today I brought along my Go Pro camera and planned to go up there and spend as much quality time with the pelicans as they would allow.

Sadly, when I got up to where they had been, they were gone.

Oh well.  At least my paddling session was good.  I was feeling it in my muscles from the strength workout, and I concentrated hard to make sure my stroke form didn't get sloppy.

It had been overcast and gloomy when I started paddling, but by the time I returned to the dock it had turned into a beautiful blue-sky sunny day.  I drove home with the happy feeling of having done some good work for the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment