Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Warm and wild

This morning I did two sets of the January strength routine.  Then, because the weather was much too warm for sitting in a car, I hopped on my bicycle and pedaled it down to the river.

Today's temperature is somewhere in the mid 70s, Fahrenheit.  When it gets like that at this time of year, it typically is accompanied by some serious south wind, and that was the case today.  My friend Joe showed up at the dock about the same time I did, and we decided it was a day for paddling in the harbor.  We paddled for 75 minutes and got in as much conversation as we could with the wind howling in our ears.

Word on the street is that the Mid South is in for some severe storms sometime tonight.  Behind that will be some more seasonable weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment