Monday, May 27, 2013

Back to the coast

This morning I did two sets of the May strength routine and paddled for 50 minutes.  I did a shorter, faster lactic tolerance workout: 12 intervals of 45 seconds on, 30 seconds off.

Then I put the boat on the car and headed south.  I took Interstate 55 to Jackson and U.S. 49 and Mississippi 67 down to Ocean Springs.  There I met Nick and Dana, subjects of today's photo feature, for supper.  It was nice to visit with them and hear the latest on their wedding plans.

The last leg of my trip took place on Interstate 10 and a bunch of secondary roads that eventually got me to Dauphin Island on the Alabama Gulf Coast.  I'll be spending the rest of this week with my mother and my sister's family in a rented beach house.  I have the tandem boat with me, for what kind of uncle doesn't take his nieces and nephews paddling?

No comments:

Post a Comment