Sunday, May 12, 2013

Out of whack

I paddled the K1 in the harbor for 60 minutes yesterday.  I guess I had a few comfortable stretches again, but mostly what I remember is felling like every other stroke was a brace.  I guess there will be days like that, where I seem to have taken a step backward.

My body is not the same on left and right.  I guess that should be no surprise for a non-ambidextrous person like me, but I think it's more than just right-handed versus left-handed.  For a long time now I have felt a vague tightness or soreness in the oblique abdominal muscles on my right side that isn't there on my left side.  It hasn't really affected my paddling in the surf ski and other more stable boats, but in the K1 it's impossible to ignore.  I often find myself sitting on braces on my left side and shying away from full rotation on my right.  The times I've flipped in the K1, it's been to the right.

I'm not sure what's going on in my body.  Maybe I have a muscle imbalance, or a mild injury, or a chiropractic misalignment.  Like I said, it hasn't bothered me much in my other boats, so I've sort of been ignoring it, but I wonder if it will continue to be an issue in the K1.

No comments:

Post a Comment