Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Trying to get serious about May

I've been a little slow getting it going, but I've worked up a strength routine for the month of May:

1.  Dips
2.  The core exercise that Daniele Molmenti demonstrates at 3:45 of this video
3.  Pullups
4.  Another core exercise: hanging from the pullup bar and raising my legs straight out in front of me
5.  Power cleans with a cinder block

This is a pretty short workout; I can get two sets of it done in under 20 minutes.  I try to put the highest-quality effort into it as I can: I concentrate on good form and technique and try to explode through the three dynamic exercises.

And as I mentioned in last Saturday's post, that's how I want my in-the-boat workouts to be this month, too: short but high-quality.  After two sets of the strength routine this morning, I went to the river and paddled for 60 minutes, doing eight intervals of two minutes on, 90 seconds off.  It's the same workout I've done a couple of times previously this season, but with a shorter rest interval.  It didn't really feel any more taxing than the previous workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment