Sunday, July 7, 2013

Another pleasant summer Sunday on the water

This afternoon I paddled the K1 in the harbor for 60 minutes.  Except for a little one-sided paddling at the end, I gave myself a break from the drills and tried to get in a good rhythm and help my muscles recover from yesterday.

My left elbow is killing me these days.  I think I strained it while stripping paint off old doors several weeks ago.  I'm right-handed, so it doesn't interfere with most daily activities, and it doesn't really bother me while I'm paddling, either, but the pain is always there, and sometimes while I'm in bed at night it just throbs.

I think it's your basic "tennis elbow."  I had the same thing in my right elbow several years ago, and it eventually went away after a few months, so maybe that's what I have to hope for now.  My experience with over-the-counter anti-inflammatories like Advil is that they don't do me much good, and I really don't like popping that stuff anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment