Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Honest labor

My home Internet connection went out last night and didn't return until this afternoon, so it's time to catch up on what I did yesterday.  And what I did was this: an afternoon 60-minute paddle in the harbor in the K1.  I felt reasonably good in the boat; not perfect, but not bad.  I had lengthy stretches where I felt great, until I started thinking about it too much and got all wobbly.  I did some more of those stroke drills I've been doing and I continue to feel better and better with those.

Today I did a different sort of workout: I gripped lots of bricks while I sat outside my building chopping old mortar off them so that they can be re-used.  My wrists and forearms feel as though they've been through a weight workout.  I sure could feel my hurting elbow throughout the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment