Friday, December 13, 2013

Chillin' once more

Well, the beach party is over and I'm back home in the cold.  At least it's not as bad as it was last week: it's supposed to be in the mid 40s Fahrenheit for the next several days.

I'm continuing my Hindu squats for this month.  I did 200 of them both Tuesday and yesterday.  I'm getting comfortable enough with it that I think it's time to start nudging up the volume: I might try ten sets of 22 reps tomorrow.  Now that I'm home with my own weight equipment I'm using ten-pound dumbbells to do my front and lat raises, and I think that's a pretty good weight.

Today I paddled for 60 minutes downtown.  I did four 12-stroke sprints and paddled a fairly hard pace from the 15-minute mark to the 45-minute mark.

The Mississippi is on a big rise after hovering around zero on the Memphis gauge for several months.  It was right about 12 feet while I was on the water today, and it's supposed to be up to about 17 feet by the middle of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment