Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A "frozen pogies" day

The latest snowstorm has bypassed the Memphis area, but cold temperatures haven't.  The display in my car's dashboard read 22 degrees Fahrenheit as I arrived at the river this morning.  The north wind probably pushed the wind chill value down close to single digits.  Oh, yeah.  I might have stayed in today except that my schedule gets busier later in the week.  Among other things, I'll be visiting the plastic surgeon again Friday and I hope she'll be taking my stitches out.

I paddled in the harbor for 60 minutes.  I tried to set a quick steady pace with several long surges.  The sun came out shortly after I put in, and I really wasn't that uncomfortable.  My finger felt a little better on the paddle shaft today, and I would guess that the flexing and relaxing of its muscles with each stroke is good therapy for it.

On days like today, I come off the river with an ice trophy:




Yesterday morning I went another round with the February strength routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment