Wednesday, February 12, 2014

No blizzard here

This morning I went through the February strength routine and then headed down to the river to paddle for 60 minutes.  Somehow the Memphis area has dodged the biggest winter storms this season: while the snow and ice currently hitting the southeastern U.S. is making national news, here we've seen just a dusting.  A very light precipitation fell during the hour that I was on the water, and I was never quite sure if it was snow or sleet or just plain rain.  But the temperature was apparently below freezing, as I came away with another ice trophy:




After doing the Kieffer warmup, I spent the next half hour building very gradually into a strong tempo piece.  Then I cooled down for the last fifteen minutes.  I felt tired in the boat today but not too much so to focus on good stroke mechanics.

No comments:

Post a Comment