Thursday, February 20, 2014

Spring tease

A break from the winter misery has arrived in a big way.  We're on our third day of temperatures in the neighborhood of 70 degrees on the Fahrenheit scale.  Of course, at this time of year warm weather usually comes at a price.  It has been quite breezy, and the forecast calls for a chance of violent storms this afternoon.  After this front goes through we're supposed to return to more sealable temperatures.  Tempting though it is to believe winter is over, the reality is that it's still mid-February.

Oh well, one way or another I'll get my work in.  This week I've done the February strength routine on Monday and Wednesday and will do it again tomorrow.  Joe and I have logged some time on the water together--70 minutes on Tuesday and 80 minutes yesterday.

Race season is still a ways off.  The Battle On The Bayou race at Ocean Springs used to be the first Saturday in March, but this year it's been pushed back to the last Saturday in hopes of warmer weather down there.  So, I'll wait.  But I never seem to lack for things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment