Monday, August 4, 2014

K1 introspection

Yesterday I paddled the K1 for 60 minutes, my conversation with my chiropractor friend on my mind.  Rob had advised me to avoid doing things with my head bowed (such as reading a book) for long periods, and I tried to determine whether I'd been keeping my head up while paddling.  After yesterday's session I'm still not sure, and I might have to get somebody to shoot some video of me.

The new foot strap continues to provide much improvement in my balance.  But it also makes steering harder, as it's not as easy to move the tiller right and left with my feet tight under the strap.  I might have to adjust the tiller with respect to the footboard.

1 comment:

  1. That's actually a very good observation from your chiropractor. Bowing down for long periods of time may cause strain on your neck muscles. This becomes more evident if you're in a strenious activity such as paddling. Have you been filmed after this visit? Had you noticed that your head was bowed for quite a bit of time at any point while kayaking? Also, I hope that you've gotten used with that foot strap while on the water. Good luck!

    Alfonso Warren @ Arkansas Pioneer Chiropractic Health Centre

    ReplyDelete