Sunday, January 25, 2015

Our sorta-cold winter drags on

It's been warmer this weekend, with a beautiful sunny day yesterday, but today's weather was unsettled.  As I headed downtown this morning I could see a big rain cell approaching from across the river, and I spent the first half-hour of today's 80-minute session paddling in a cold rain driven by a stiff south wind.  After turning around at the south end of the harbor, I found Carol Lee and Joe Royer coming along in their tandem boat, and I enjoyed their company the rest of the time.

I did another three 8-stroke sprints.  Any time I took a "bad" stroke--one with too much arm and shoulder action and not enough lower-torso rotation--I could feel the soreness in my upper back, reminding me why I'm doing this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment