Monday, January 5, 2015

The January strength routine

To follow up on Sunday's post, I went through the January strength routine again today and I think it's starting to gel.  Here's how it goes:

Super crunches (shown at 3:10 of the Michele Ramazza video)
Dips
Air squats (shown at 2:16 of the Michele Ramazza video)
Casey Eichfeld's stability ball drill
Butterfly crunches (shown at 3:24 of the Michele Ramazza video)
Front and lat raises

I do two sets of this routine.  At the moment I barely have the coordination to pull off Casey Eichfeld's drill.  Hopefully that'll improve as those core muscles get a bit stronger.  Those butterfly crunches are tougher than they look on the video, too.

I'll add that before I get going on these exercises, I do a thorough stretch routine and do several of the upper-back-rehab exercises my massage therapist showed me.  So in all I spend the better part of an hour doing what feels like good-quality stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment