Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Paddling was the one good thing that happened this morning

I had a rather crazy morning with several errands to run, and when a minor household emergency cropped up I was afraid I wouldn't make it to the river at all.  But I got myself down there and managed a 50-minute session.  I'll repeat the point Brent Reitz makes in his video "The Brent Reitz Forward Stroke Clinic": when you manage to get your paddling in, then you've done at least one good thing, no matter how crummy the rest of the day might be.

This stretch of milder weather is supposed to continue for another day or two.  It feels so nice to wear lighter winter gear and paddle without pogies.

I did another three 8-stroke sprints, trying to improve my stroke form at higher intensity.  The rest of the time I paddled at a fairly strong tempo, and at the end I did some backpaddling to work the opposing muscles a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment