Sunday, October 4, 2015

Back to work

Yesterday I did a set of eight 2-minute pieces with two minutes recovery in between.  Just like in the workout I did last weekend, I shot for a pace at or slightly above what I hope to maintain in the 12-mile North Shore Cup in two weeks.

My body was doing better by yesterday.  I still had a small bit of hip discomfort, but otherwise I felt pretty good in the boat.

We're just several days into October, but yesterday could have passed for a November day.  It was overcast and breezy and about 58 degrees Fahrenheit outside--not quite the Arctic, but nevertheless an abrupt change from the weather we'd been having.  I had to dig out some cooler-weather clothing that I had put away back in May.

Yesterday's workout might be the last substantial session I have before the race.  Next weekend I'm involved in the Pink Palace Crafts Fair and will be out of the boat Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment