Monday, October 5, 2015

There's work and then there's play

I went down to the river on a beautiful sunny morning today.  I think the temperature had warmed above 70 degrees Fahrenheit by the time I was on the water.

Last week I didn't do any 8-stroke sprints until Saturday because of all my annoying little ailments.  I did three of them on Saturday before starting my workout, but they didn't feel sharp at all.  Today I did another set of three, and they felt much sharper.  Then, as I headed out of the harbor and onto the river, I saw a big Corps of Engineers rig churning upriver and producing some good looking waves.  So out I went and threw in another set of sprints and managed to catch several nice rides.  And just like that, I got a good "just for fun" workout today, as opposed to Saturday's more formal workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment