Sunday, October 18, 2015

Results are up; I'm still digesting it all

The results of the 2015 North Shore Cup are now posted here.

It turns out I was the 13th fastest overall finisher.  I was 11th among the men; the women had a separate start and so I wasn't racing them head-to-head, but two of them posted faster times than mine.  One of them was Alex McLain of Byfield, Massachussetts, a 26-year-old flatwater sprint racer who did yesterday's race in an ICF K1 (a Legacy).  I'm very impressed that she was able to keep that boat upright at all, let alone cover the course five minutes and two seconds faster than I did.

Memphian Kata Dismukes finished third among the women, and was only nineteen seconds slower than I was.

I spent last night in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, at the home of Rick Carter's girlfriend Wyndy.  Today we're hoping to do some downwind paddling in the Atlantic if conditions are right.  It's time to start loosening up my sore muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment