Thursday, February 1, 2018

Underestimating my multitasking capabilities

Joe and I did a loop of the harbor on Tuesday.  It was cold--mid 30s Fahrenheit--but the bright sunshine and calm conditions made it an otherwise ideal morning for paddling.

Today I was scheduled to meet with an insurance adjuster at 9 AM to look at some damage at my rental property.  I typically tend to consider something like that enough to consume my mental energy for the whole morning, and I thought about waiting until this afternoon or tomorrow to paddle.  But the forecast showed the temperature dropping all afternoon from its morning high in the mid 50s, on its way to an overnight low in the 20s.  It occurred to me that the meeting with the adjuster probably wouldn't last more than an hour or so, and I'd have plenty of time to paddle before lunch.  So I threw my paddling clothes in the car, and as it turned out I was done with the adjuster and on the water by ten o'clock.  I paddled for 60 minutes, doing three 8-stroke sprints and several long surges.

It was beginning to drizzle as I left the marina and walked back up to my car--the first line of this mass of cold air that's moving in.

I started my new strength routine yesterday and plan to do another round tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment