Sunday, May 10, 2020

A decent training weekend

Yesterday morning I did a round of the strength routine and then went down to the river.  I paddled for 70 minutes in the harbor, doing a set of three 8-stroke sprints and then paddling at varying intensities the rest of the time.  The weather was nice and sunny, albeit cool.

Adam Davis met me this morning and we paddled up the Mississippi for four miles before coming back down.  We pushed the pace for quite a bit of the time; coming back downriver felt a bit like a race.  Adam has improved a lot the last couple of years and he's been pushing me during our paddles together this spring.  I'm curious to see how he does whenever we finally have some races to do again.  Today is another nice sunny day, and warmer.  There was a southwest wind blowing on the river.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment