Friday, May 22, 2020

The days drift by, and the ailments come and go

On Tuesday morning I did a round of the strength routine and then joined Joe for a loop of the harbor.  The weather was mostly cloudy but the air was pleasantly cool after a few muggy days.

Yesterday I did a 60-minute paddle in the harbor and on the river, warming up and doing three 8-stroke sprints and then paddling relaxed with a couple of surges.

My right wrist has continued to hurt this week.  And since yesterday my right forearm has been sore. I don't know if I did something during yesterday's paddle to irritate it, or if maybe it happened while I was swinging a machete around Wednesday afternoon, trimming some brush behind my building.  Whatever the case, I hope it's a temporary soreness rather than a real injury.  I looked at some anatomy diagrams on Wikipedia in an attempt to identify the muscle, but they weren't clear enough to be helpful.  I think it might be part of the extensor group.

I'd feared the sore muscle would be a major impediment to doing another round of the strength routine this morning, but it turned out not to be so bad.  I felt it the most during the front and lat raises.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment