Thursday, January 26, 2023

Keeping it going in nice and not-so-nice weather

The arm pain hasn't been so bad this week, probably because of the ibuprofen I've been taking.  I'm trying to stay on top of the stretching and rehab work.  Meanwhile, I've got some bad soreness in the right side of my neck: this has been a problem just in the last month, and it doesn't seem to want to go away.

I started Tuesday morning with some gym, and then went down to the river to paddle for 60 minutes.  I warmed up and then, for the first time in what seemed like forever, I did a set of three 8-stroke sprints.  After that I paddled steady with one surge of 3-4 minutes.

It was cool but sunny and lovely Tuesday morning.  Clouds were moving in by the time I got home from the river, however, and it rained a good bit Tuesday night.  Yesterday was just the sort of raw, blustery day that makes a person despise winter.

I was hoping that today would be better, but it really wasn't, at least not this morning.  It was several degrees colder than yesterday, and it was still overcast and the west-northwest breeze was just strong enough to be unpleasant.  As usual, though, I didn't feel so bad once I was in the boat doing my thing.  I warmed up and did another three 8-stroke sprints, then paddled strong while keeping the stroke rate below 70 for the rest of the 60 minutes.  By the time I was back on the dock the sun was starting to peek through the clouds a bit.  It looks like we're in for some slightly nicer weather this weekend.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment