Monday, January 9, 2023

Monday photo feature

I really wasn't planning to lift one of Steph Schell's photos from social media for a second week in a row, but I just couldn't resist this one.  The Rainbow River was absolutely gorgeous Saturday morning as we put our boats in the water and prepared for our time trial, and Steph took this photo at KP Hole County Park.  The Fahrenheit temperature was in the high 30s, and the fog over the 70ish-degree water was so dense at times that it was hard to see more than ten feet ahead as we paddled up to Rainbow Springs.  The springs is a pretty place all the time, with large swaths of the phosphorous-rich bedrock showing through the marsh grasses, but with the weather conditions we had Saturday morning, it was hauntingly beautiful.  I was sorry to have to start my time trial and leave the place.

I'm back home in Memphis now, and while I love my home water on the Mississippi River, at the moment I'm missing that crystal-clear spring-fed river in the Sunshine State.

I did in fact shoot some photos and video of my own this past week, and I'll be sharing some of that here as soon as I get a chance.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment