Monday, March 4, 2019

Monday photo feature


The annual slalom and downriver races took place this past weekend on the Mulberry Fork of the Black Warrior River near Garden City, Alabama.  It's been at least 15 years since I last attended this event, but it was a staple of my schedule back when I was doing a lot of whitewater racing.  I expect the river had a good flow after all the rain we've had in the Southeast.

At the 1997 Mulberry Fork race I ended up not racing because of some acute inflammation in my triceps area.  Instead I stood on the bank and shot some photos, and the picture above comes from that set.  Joe Jacobi of Copperhill, Tennessee, peels out from an upstream gate and heads for the big surf wave known as Hawaii Five-O.


For more information on what this blog is about, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment